Would You Like to become a Volunteer Tour Guide at the Patsy Cline Historic House?
August 7, 2017
Are you eager to play a vital role in the success of the Patsy Cline Historic House? Would you like to help create a positive experience for all visitors who pass through the Patsy Cline Historic House’s doors? Contribute your time and help to us.
Volunteer tour guides provide visitors of all ages and backgrounds with an introduction and opportunity to explore the Patsy Cline Historic House’s two-floor exhibition dedicated to the story of Patsy Cline while living in this house. This dramatic story of the decisive years of her early career, struggles and triumphs, as she rose to become a world-famous country music singer, is one that we hope all visitors will find relevant and compelling.
Training to be a volunteer tour guides is available, providing a knowledge of the house and its Patsy Cline history; familiarity with artifacts on exhibit; and public speaking skills to engage and answer questions from diverse audiences.
- No special education or knowledge base is required.
- Have an interest in Patsy Cline
- Friendly, outgoing, polite, and helpful.
- Genuinely like interacting with people of all ages, backgrounds and opinions and are comfortable addressing groups.
- Well-prepared, dependable, and punctual.
- Possess the physical ability to conduct one-hour tours and navigate a small building with multiple floors.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Can and will remain enthusiastic and courteous while conveying the same information repeatedly.
- Can commit to working at least a 4-hour shift weekly for a minimum of six months April through October. Volunteers willing to work on Saturdays and Sundays are especially encouraged.
If you would like to serve as a volunteer tour guide, please email Teresa Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org> or 540-662-5555.
We greatly appreciate your interest in donating your valuable time to us! Thank you.« Previous Post Next Post »